Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Consumer protection in karnataka

Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 30 November 2021 This query is : Resolved 
Hi Experts,

I have placed an order for a sofa set and a dining table with a furniture store in one of the districts of Karnataka state.

Total cost is 1,00,000/ - and to begin the work the store guy has already collected 50% of payment from me as advance.

It has been two months since 50% payment, till date, I have not received any updates from the store whatsoever. My calls are not answered and dealer keeps dodging me with various excuses.

Store has not given my any receipt towards my payment, however, i have all the bank transactions deatils as it was an online transaction.

How can I go about in cancelling my order and taking full refund of what I have already paid and am I eligible to claim damages?

Kindly guide - thanks in advance.

Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 30 November 2021
I forgot to mention: I am located in Bangalore and the store is in Dharwad.
P. Venu (Expert) 30 November 2021
You may serve a legal notice seeking completion of the order, else returning the advance paid with interest.
Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 30 November 2021
Thank you for guidance, Venu Sir. 🙏
Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 30 November 2021
Thank you for guidance, Venu Sir. 🙏
kavksatyanarayana (Expert) 30 November 2021
I agree with the advice of the learned expert Mr.P.Venu sir.
Advocate Bhartesh goyal Online (Expert) 30 November 2021
Issue legal notice to furniture store and ask either honour the order immediately or return the advance money paid with interest, if furniture store does not respond then file complaint before District Consumer Commission having jurisdiction and claim amount paid as advance with interest and compensation towards mental and physical agony caused to you.
Dr J C Vashista (Expert) 01 December 2021
I agree with experts.
You can also file a consumer complaint in your district or where the opposite party is located.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query