LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Consumer complaint

(Querist) 09 July 2015 This query is : Resolved 
I have purchased Intex Tablet including mobile in year 2013 which was under warranty for one year. During December 2014 Intex Tablet stopped working and I submitted for repairs at Intex authorised dealer and they told that its battery needs replacement which I agreed to replace the battery on payment. Now almost more than five months have passed but Intex authorised dealer is unable to replace the battery due to non availability in stock. Ultimately the Intex tablet is of no use without the battery as it cannot be operate even on power. This tantamounts to unfair trade practice as Intex company is not able to provide sales after service which is claimed by Intex Co. usually while selling their products. Kindly advice me that can I file consumer case against Intex Company for not providing battery of Tablet even on payment as without battery tablet is of no use.
Kiran Kumar (Expert) 09 July 2015
You must be having some documentary evidence in your favour to support your case.

Now, put the company to notice first prior to moving with the complaint.

Sometimes, the companies prefer to settle the matter peacefully rather than wasting time in courts.
Kumar Doab (Expert) 09 July 2015
The service card must have been issued to you with date,seal etc.

You must have written emails to dealer.

Or dealer may write on service card that battery is not available.

You may write finally to company claiming deficiency in service, loss ,mental agony etc and raise your demands...............failing which you may approach DCDRF.
Rajendra K Goyal (Expert) 10 July 2015
If you have documentary proofs, lodge consumer complaint.
kaur (Querist) 26 July 2015
I have sent notice through registered letter to authorised dealer of Intex and Intex Co. The registered letter notice has been received by Intex authorised dealer whereas the Intex Co. did not receive the notice and registered letter was received back to me after 15 days undelivered. Since authorised dealer have informed the Intex Co. about this matter. My query is that can I file case under consumer court after one month from the date of issue of registered letter as same was mentioned in the letter. Kindly advised.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query