LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Compromise u/s 354

Guest (Querist) 20 May 2024 This query is : Resolved 
Hello Respected Lawyers and people. I want help in this false criminal case. 

My uncle was falsely accused of and booked u/s 354 i.e. crime against women. As the FIR was registered in 2001 when it was a compoundable offence and now it is a non compoundable offence after amendment in 2009. 

Can both the parties reach to a compromise between themselves? 

Will the court accept the compromise and close the case as the FIR was filed when it was a compoundable offence? 

Plese help In this matter. Thank you.
T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Expert) 20 May 2024
You have repeated the same question in the forum section of this website today itself. you may visit that thread to know about more answers to this repeated question.
P. Venu (Expert) 21 May 2024
To my knowledge and understanding, the amendment is only of prospective effect and hence, the matter could be got compounded.
Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Expert) 21 May 2024
what is your query

is it same case
Same question 4 times so far. Reported to Admin.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now