LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Complaint to vigilance department

(Querist) 22 May 2023 This query is : Resolved 
I am an employee of a Govt Institution. I suspected couple of my colleagues of indulging in malpractices like bribery.
I intimated the same to my Vigilance department. Now these two people have come to know about me and threatening of criminal defamation.
Does my act amounts to defamation without much proof?
kavksatyanarayana (Expert) 22 May 2023
Dr J C Vashista (Expert) 23 May 2023
If the complaint is proved, the accused shall be punished otherwise, they have a good case to sue you for defamation by filing false and frivolous complaint.
Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Expert) 23 May 2023
whether complaint was in writing.
T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Expert) 25 May 2023
Where is the proof that you had only given this complaint to the vigilance department agaisnt them.
If you had been called for adducing evidence by the vigilance department in the process of the actions initiated against the corrupted employee, you may collect the details and then challenge the defamation case now proposed by those employees to be filed against you.
First you wait for the department to conclude on your complaint and then thin about other issues.
Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Expert) 31 May 2023
Please be cklear with the facts.

whether complaint was in writing?
whether complaint was false?
what action vigilance department has taken on the same?

all these issues are important to come to a clear view, as to whether or not there can be a case against you and whether any remedy you can now take.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now