Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Chs mumbai - transfer of flat

Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 04 October 2021 This query is : Resolved 
I stay in Mumbai Suburbs . Me n my husband owe two flats in the building . Recently my husband passed away and that flat needs to be transferred in my name. I m the Secretary of the building. how do i transfer the flat in my name. Like who should be able to sign the transfer forms.
kavksatyanarayana (Expert) 04 October 2021
Are you the nominee for your husband's flat? Did you obtain the death certificate of your husband and the legal heir certificate from the authorities concerned? All the legal heirs (including you) of your husband shall execute a Relinquishment deed/release deed in favour of you or another legal heir.
SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Expert) 05 October 2021

Yes, you have to get legal heirship from court in the name of all the legal heirs. If you are only legal heir then flat can be transferred immediately or you have to get relinquishment deed registered in your name from all the legal heirs.
Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 05 October 2021
I think i have not framed correctly. My only question is when i forward the forms n all formalities to the committee , who all can sign it. Since, i myself is the secretary, surely i can not sign these forms on behalf of the society
Dr J C Vashista (Expert) 05 October 2021
The share certificate has to be signed by President, Joint Secretary and Treasurer.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query