LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Child maintenance

Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 06 January 2022 This query is : Resolved 
Hi, I am currently 17 years and my sister of 13 years, and my father thought earning above 60 lakhs+ / anum. Is is not playing for my daily expenses like tuition fees, extracurricular fees, etc(which is must for a person who earns that much). I am currently staying with my mom and my days had filed a divorce case against her. Can my mom file a child maintenance case. If yes howmuch will it cost and how long will it take?
P. Venu (Expert) 07 January 2022
Yes, your mother can file the petition seeking maintenance for the minor children.
Advocate Bhartesh goyal (Expert) 07 January 2022
You and your sister are entitled to get maintenance from your father so you through your mother can claim maintenance allowances from your father. Court decides how much maintenance allowance be granted, it depends on earning of your father,your requirement and living standard .
kavksatyanarayana (Expert) 07 January 2022
Yes. you, your sister through your mother as a minor guardian, and your mother for her can file a maintenance case by consulting a local lawyer.
Dr J C Vashista (Expert) 08 January 2022
Your mother should consult and engage a local prudent lawyer for filing a petition for maintenance of all of you which your father is obliged to pay, if it is a true story.
K Rajasekharan (Expert) 08 January 2022
If you want to get an over view of legal provisions relating to claim of maintenance for wife and children from their husband, kindly go through the my article available at

G. ARAVINTHAN (Expert) 10 January 2022
Your mother, as a natural Guardian for the kids, can initiate proceedings for bith of you. Even can get interim maintenance pending adjudcation of the main proceedings. If you are able to prove the income and wherewithals of your father, you can con considerable amount as monthly maintenance.
G. ARAVINTHAN (Expert) 10 January 2022
If your father is having income from ancestral properties, surely you can file partition also

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query