Check property title chain before buying plot in ghaziabad

This query is : Resolved 

Online (Querist)
07 May 2021

Dear Sir

I intend to purchase a authorized residential plot (ghaziabad development authority GDA) . How do I ensure that the plot i buy is fully clean in title and have no legal disputes are going on it?
My friend had purchased a plot last year but later found out some family dispute was going on in the plot. Even though my friend had arranged a Property search title report also from an advocate , the title report failed to mention that dispute which was going on.
Please let me know all steps i should take inorder to avoid any such issues.


Advocate Bhartesh goyalOnline (Expert)
07 May 2021

Get search title report of property and beside this issue a public notice and get it published in local newspaper about any objection /transection regarding property.

kavksatyanarayanaOnline (Expert)
07 May 2021

You have to obtain all the previous documents, EC for a period of 30 years, legal opinions are important regarding the property. As you are purchasing from GAD which is an authority (the Chairman/Vice-Chairman is the Government employee), it may not be a problem.

Dr J C VashistaOnline (Expert)
08 May 2021

Title search report is incomplete if it does not verify litigation pending against the subject property.
It is better to consult and engage another local prudent lawyer for appreciation of facts/ documents, professional advise and necessary proceeding.

Sankaranarayanan Online (Expert)
08 May 2021

Consult local property expert lawyer and submits all relevant records pertain to the property and get legal opinion then act

ashok kumar singhOnline (Expert)
08 May 2021

agreed with views of earlier experts, therefore no further comments, so far.


J K AgrawalOnline (Expert)
08 May 2021

well advised by Mr. K. Satyanarayna

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate Online (Expert)
08 May 2021

Before you are venturing into purchase of an immovable property, you collect the copies of all relevant documents pertaining to the proeprty and obtain a proper legal opinion from a local lawyer.
You may proceed only if recommended.
The lawyer will conduct all searches for title as well as scrutinize the encumbrance certificates.
However the litigation aspect may not reflect in any document hence you may have to enquire about it in the surroundings.

amanOnline (Querist)
08 May 2021

thank you all for the advise

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
Muslim Personal Law     |    x