Cheating and fraud by hindustan packers and movers

This query is : Resolved 

Online (Querist)
07 March 2021

We shifted house hold items from Hyderabad to Faridabad on 6th March with agreed total price of Rs 22000/- as mentioned in Consignment note but today on 7th March he is asking for Rs 31000/- and threating materials damage and non delivery if Rs 8000/- is not paid immediately. Can we file a complaint in police station for immediate action and recovery of House hold items.

P. Venu Online (Expert)
09 March 2021

You may try. Facts posted suggest some ingredients of extortion. However, basically the issue is a civil/consumer dispute.

kavksatyanarayanaOnline (Expert)
09 March 2021

First pay the amount under a receipt and then file a case in District Consumer Forum.

Dr J C VashistaOnline (Expert)
10 March 2021

Do not scumb to pressure, pay difference of amount, obtain receipt and lodge consumer as well as criminal complaint, if you feel cheated, extorted and bad trade practice giving wide publicity.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
Forensics & Evidence     |    x