Change of name

This query is : Resolved 

Online (Querist)
11 May 2021

sir, my name in Adhar, PAN, bank accounts, ppo, is registered e.g "Ram kishan Sharma" but prior to Adhar, PAN Era in school leaving certificates of my childern is mentioned "Ram Sharma" missing "middle name.. Now most authorities are raising objections to it. Please advice how to rectify it if school board authorities refuse to amend school certificates being over-timed.. The school certificates were issued pre 1990 period

Sankaranarayanan Online (Expert)
11 May 2021

You can change in Aadhaar and Pan correction based on the original educational certificate

kavksatyanarayanaOnline (Expert)
11 May 2021

The best option is, you shall apply for Gazette Notification through the Tahsildar concerned. You can obtain Annexure-A/I from the Tahsildar or search google and download it.

Dr J C VashistaOnline (Expert)
12 May 2021

What will you achieve by change of name i.e., inserting middle words "Kishan" in your name at this stage ? Better continue as per records.
However, it is better to consult and engage a local prudent lawyer for proper appreciation of facts/ documents, professional advise and necessary proceeding.

P. Venu Online (Expert)
12 May 2021

Such mismatches are quite common in our cour country and it is the accepted procedure explain the same through an affidavit.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate Online (Expert)
13 May 2021

You cannot change your name in the school certificates or any other educational qualification certificates at this stage.
You do not have to change the name in the other documents namely PAN or AADHAR or any other government documents too.
You may just prepare an affidvit stating both the names are one and the same and you are known by both the names, and both are one and the same.
After this notarised affidavit, you may issue a public notice to this effect in two local leading newspapers in English and vernacular language.
Secure these documents and keep them along with the certificates, to produce them before the authorities who question the mismatch of your name.
You can take the help of an advocate in the local to et this task completed if you are not knowing the procedures.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
Muslim Personal Law     |    x