LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Car parking in front of shop

(Querist) 18 June 2024 This query is : Resolved 
People living in the housing society building park their vehicles forcefully in open space of front of shop loacated in the building. This causes problem to the shopkeeper. What action can we take against them and which law
Isaac Gabriel (Expert) 18 June 2024
You can make a complaint to police.Simultaneously report to the local body for suitable action.
T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Expert) 18 June 2024
The space before the shop belongs to government, hence the local civic body is the proper authority to take necessary action clear the way for access to your shop by your customer.
You lodge a complaint before the local civic body and get them removed.
kavksatyanarayana (Expert) 18 June 2024
The shop is located in the building of the society, what do the documents of the people and bylaws say regarding parking place?
sunil dhawan (Querist) 19 June 2024
There is an open space in front of the shop and after that there is a road. Society members park their vehicles in that open space
T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Expert) 19 June 2024
You can ask the persons to park their vehicles in such a way that your customers have an easy access to your shop without any difficulty due to the cars parked obstructing the way.
If this open space belong to the society then you can ask the secretary to intervene and pass suitable instructions to the owners of the vehicle in order to avoid unnecessary dispute.
sunil dhawan (Querist) 20 June 2024
When I gave a written complaint to the secretary, he said that it is not our responsibility outside the compound. Thouse people are parking as per their wish. We have not given permission them to park.
T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Expert) 20 June 2024
Thus now you are coming out with the facts one by one.
if this place do not belong to the society then how can you expect the society to take any action against them for occupying the road causing hindrance to your business and causing disturbance or obstacles to the customer visiting your shop.
You pretty well know the facts and what to do against such trouble makers, and nothing prevents you from taking suitable action to get the grievances redressed, hence you may proceed as suggested to you by making a complaint to the local civic body or approach a civil court to declare that this place to be declared as no parking zone because it causes obstacles to your easement rights for your customers to access your shop.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now