Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Can i apply other govt job if major penalty is imposed

Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 27 November 2022 This query is : Resolved 
I am working in psb govt my case bank initiate disciplinary action.After completion of inquiry,
my 2 increments are stopped for 2 years with commulative effect.Now i want to apply for other govt job, so my question is shall i disclose this information or not for new job?
Can i get apply for other govt job?
kavksatyanarayana (Expert) 27 November 2022
The bank may not give you relieving certificate if your punishment period( the two years period of stoppage of increment) is not completed.
Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 27 November 2022
okay...after two years...can i apply for other govt job???
P. Venu (Expert) 28 November 2022
You can apply. However, you need to disclose information if sought while submitting the application and/or in the attestation form, once selected for appointment.
Dr J C Vashista (Expert) 29 November 2022
You may apply and will join even if you were punished with stoppage of 2 years increment with cumulative effect but after completion of 2 years after award of punishment.
Dr J C Vashista (Expert) 29 November 2022
The stoppage of increments with cumulative effect being only minor punishment rule 10 of the 1970 Rules provides for the procedure for the imposition of such a penalty on the Government employee as held by Punjab & Haryana High Court in the case titled Sukhdev Raj Vs State of Punjab decided on 29 October 2009 citing the case of State of Haryana v. Rattan Singh 1977(2) SCC 491 Hon'ble the Supreme Court in the case of Kulwant Singh Gill v. State of Punjab 1990(6) SLR 73
" The judgement of the Constitution Bench in the case of State of M.P.
v. Syed Qamarali (1967)1 SLR 228 has been discussed in detail and distinguished.

The aforesaid ratio has been followed and applied by Hon'ble the Supreme Court in the case of State of Punjab v. Rajinder Singh, Conductor (1999) SCC (L&S) 664.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query