Decode Ballistic Reports Like a Pro. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mitesh   10 July 2014 at 14:49

Can new partner be added with retrospective effect.

Dear All,
In a partnership firm 2 partners are doing a business since past 15 years. A new family member is inserted as third partner is inserted on 01.01.2014. There is no family dispute, and partners do not have any objection in considering the third partner w.e.f. 01.04.2013.
Can a deed be executed in consent of all partners for inserting third partner with retrospective effect?

pssthya   10 July 2014 at 13:33

For application under section 156(3) whether it is mandatory that one should aproach lawyer


whether it is mandatory that
one should approach to lawyer

or

any individual can file

application before the concerned judicial magistrate court under

the provisions of section 156(3) of cr. p.c

for police inaction or ineffectiveness on a complaint,

seeking direction to the police to initiate appropriate action

PRASHANT KULAVADE   10 July 2014 at 13:27

Profession tax in maharashtra

Dear Sir,

For NRI non executive director,whether profession tax in maharashtra is required to pay.our compnay is registered in Maharashtra.

D Nanda Kumar   10 July 2014 at 12:56

Sealed cover procedure

I have attached a letter I intend writing to my Bank which explains the case fully. I want to know:
1. Whether the Bank is bound to give the promotions denied to me?
2. Is there any legal decisions supporting my claim?
3. In case the Bank do not take a favourable decision is it advisable to approach a Court and what are the chances for its admittance & success?

rsn   10 July 2014 at 12:33

Mou- validity and way out

Sirs

I have entered into an MOU for sale of a business and in the mou two payments by cheque with numbers were made and since one part payment was made through bank transfer the cheque for the smaller amout was returned. The other cheque was not presented as we were assured of the payment.Now the cheque is time barred and the balance payment has not been made.The MOU was on a Rs 100 non judicial stamp paper and now the prospective buyer is not making payment and delaying the same.Is there any way of getting out of the MOU and forfeit the amount received though there is no clause in the MOU of default in payment and time frame mentioned to complete the formalities was as soon as possible.

As the buyer needed a clean balance sheet shares held by me were liquidated and am now in a fix.

Any suggestions

amit   10 July 2014 at 10:44

Gpa - land sale or transfer

I have a land purchased through GPA in 2004.
Now I want to transfer this land in my wife name:-

a). Can I transfer this land to my wife name through registered GPA
b). Can I sale this land to my wife, is it valid as per India Law.

Which one is the good option? Please help.

RUSHI   10 July 2014 at 10:30

Cheque discounting licence

HI

I WANT TO START CHEQUE DISCOUNT , BILLS DISCOUNT BUSINESS LEGALY IN SURAT GUJARAT
HOW SHOULD I GET LICENCE AND HOW MUCH OFFICIAL CAN I TAKE INTEREST

jagjit   10 July 2014 at 10:10

Maintenance allowance

SIR,
MY WIFE FILED MAINTENANCE CASE AGAINST. IT WAS THE SECOND MARRIAGE FOR BOTH OF US. SHE HAD A DAUGHTER FROM PREVIOUS MARRIAGE WHOSE ADOPTION HAS BEEN SIGNED UNDER PRESSURE WHICH IS UNDER CANCELLATION OF ADOPTION DECLARATION SUIT.
IN HER MAINTENANCE SHE IS THE SOLE PETITIONER, NOT HER DAUGHTER BUT SHE ASKED THE MAINTENANCE FOR BOTH HER SELF AND HER DAUGHTER, AND COURT HAS PASSED THE INTERIM MAINTENANCE FOR BOTH.

IT IS CORRECT OR HER DAUGHTER ALSO BE ONE OF THE PETITIONER THROUGH HER MOTHER TO GET THE MAINTENANCE ALLOWANCE.

malasunder   10 July 2014 at 09:57

Delay in listing for final hearing

Respected Experts,

As per HC Orders dated November 2013, The registrar was directer to list my case for final hearing within 6 months after getting the pleadings ready. However the Appellant delayed the pleadings form getting ready, eventually after mentioning the matter in open court the pleadings got ready and the matter was listed for final hearing. But on that date the court time expired before our case number was called, and the judge verbally said all pending cases will be listed for Tuesday next week.. This happened 3 weeks ago.
After that there has been a shuffle in the HC judges sitting arrangements. But my case has not been in any of the daily cause list till today.
My question is should we mention again in Open court? OR should we give a letter to the registrar? My advocate says we just have to wait because the new judge is not accepting our case. I think what my leagl adviser is saying is incorrect.

PLEASE HELP.

Averlcs   10 July 2014 at 09:16

Quick closure of divorce

Dear Sir,
My marriage happened in may 2010, we blessed child in 2011, in 2012 at the time of second pregnancy check-up, my wife diagnosed with HIV, advance stage, after several advance test doctors confirmed me and kid are safe, in that we came to know her father died with AIDS and her mother also suffering, after several months she ran out from home with cash, gold along with KID, after few days we traced her and requested for come back, she filed case against me and those are not stand in police station after enquiry, she and her family asked money for divorce and kid, I have agreed initially, but their number started increasing day by day, hence I moved court of the law, filing child custody and divorce, after hearing and arguments finally they asked court confidential report on my HIV status, it came on April 2013, judge got transferred, we moved additional judge and after hearing he reserve the orders, again family court judge came and again he started from first, after written and oral arguments, they asked evidence on my confidential report, as directed by court, AIDS control board, doctors and lab technicians, directors who involved in my report came and give the evidence with their internal and external records, and judge confirmed I am not infected and she is not get the HIV from me, then we have reuested interim custody of child, he agreed he will close child custody and divorce in next date, as we already filed the cross petition for divorce on year back.
But he simple giving dates without considering anything, when I have requested he is getting angry and saying he know how HIV will come, what needs to be done,
I am losing my happiness, emotions with kids, I am just 31 years old now, how many years I want to fight for this, please suggest me on which bases I can close this and get out of the situation.