Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anonymous   10 September 2022 at 15:30

What is mean by "bind over on lw1" in 498 a case

LW1- is my wife , the prtitiner. not been able to produce listed witnesses for 3 censecutive vaida,s and yesterday court said bind over LW1.

can you please tell me what it means ?

Thank you sir.

Venkat   05 September 2022 at 21:28

Caveat necessary after order?

Dear experts,

I have been fighting for custody of my child for four years in family court and recently won the child custody order in family court in my favour. Child is still with the mother and she was given two months to comply with the order of the family court and handover the child to me. I am sure that she will appeal the decision in high court.

I am in a dilemma and seeking your expert opinion. Some LLB holders (not advocates) have stressed that filing a caveat petition in high court is mandatory for me, because in its absence, high court might almost automatically grant a stay order against the lower court order (in this case, family court). Some others (advocate clerks) told me that filing caveat surely prevents adverse decision against me that would otherwise be given without notice to me, but the adverse decisions are based only on the merits of the appeal and not automatic. Further, that I would always be given the chance to give my version to vacate any stay orders. So, in their opinion, filing caveat is not necessary.

Requesting you to share your valuable advise in this regard. Please note that I do not have an advocate. I have represented the case in family court by myself all these years. I don't plan on having an advocate for the caveat or in high court for the appeal either.

Thank you very much,

Anonymous   03 September 2022 at 19:42

Petition suite

My father had bought a house and sale deed was executed on my sisters's name. That time her age was 15 years.

He put that property on my sister's name due to sentiment. When he was alive , he used to stay that me and my sister should share equally even though that property is on my sister's name.

Recently my father passed away. He did not leave any WILL. Legal heirs are my mother , sister and myself.

Now my sister is saying that house is her individual property and does not want give my share in that property.

Could you please suggest me how can I get my share in that house legally ? Can i file for partition suite ?

Anonymous   29 August 2022 at 17:03

Wife threatens to file complain for domestic violence

Need one hour Zoom session with a lawyer for my brother who is undergoing marriage trouble for yeas. Her wife threatens to file case against him for mental and domestic harassment.

Anonymous   20 August 2022 at 19:27

Daughter in law's rights in a registered will

Respected members,

Need guidance to the below query:

A case u/s 498A and DV act was filed in the local family court in the name of my brother (named as main accused) and my parents also named therein. The case is going on for last 12 years.
Meanwhile my brother met with an accident and passed away. After the unfortunate incident, my ailing mother made a registered will in favour of the remaining children to transfer her rights in a small house which was in her name. The house was constructed by my parents from their own income and not inherited.

Now at this stage, I have two queries:

1. Can my late brother’s wife drag my old age parents to legal complications, as the main party to the case is deceased?
2. Can she claim a share in the house while my mother is alive?

Thank you for your time in attending to my query.

Best regards

Anonymous   19 August 2022 at 13:32

Section 125 crpc for maintenance of child

Respected sir
Can son ask maintenance from her mother in section 125 Crpc?

Anonymous   18 August 2022 at 13:23

Property issue


Sachin Kumar   08 August 2022 at 17:28


My brother is going to get married soon.
We are not taking even Rs. 1 from bride as dowry and told bride mother to do marriage in simplest way with least expenses.

Can we make anything in written and get it signed from bride side that bridegroom had not taken any consideration in marriage ?

(Divorce cases are increasing very much. We want to avoid fake case , if any , arise in future)

shyam lal   04 August 2022 at 05:23

Authority letter

To sell ones share to a third party. Can a coshare holder give a authority letter on plain paper to the other coshare holder of undivided immovable property to to sell his share on his behalf...

Anonymous   01 August 2022 at 18:23


Can anyone recommend a good family court lawyer at Bandra court?

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query