LAW Courses
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

AJIT KAWATKAR   17 June 2008 at 11:15

adverse possession

what is adverse possession? what is/are bad effects of this? how long it takes to get repossession of a ownership appartment given on oral lease but leasee not paying rent &refusing to vacate beyond agreed period?

ankit gupta   16 June 2008 at 22:58

buying of the property

respected sir/mam

we are buying a 200 yards floor in chander nagar,uttar pradesh ,gaziabad .
what documents should we ask form the party to give us ,the impugned property is a residential flat.
inbrief what are the essential documents required at the time of buying the property


Sahendra Jaiswar   16 June 2008 at 16:05

Land infront of door

Dear Sir,

There is vacant land in front of my home at my native place, district - Basti(UP). The land is just infront of my house of which 1/3 we are using another 1/3 my father has taken as patta by paying Rs.10,000 to Lekhpal. But the remaining 1/3 is in name of other as patta. The remaining 1/3 land in name of other was BANZAR for 10 year back and at that time the same was written by the Pradhan on the name of his brother as Patta. But as per Rule of Land No any Pradhan can write any land on his brother's name as patta being a pradhan. But today they are not allowing us to use that land and they are planning for take it over.

So, Please suggest me what i do to take tha land. As it is in front of my house it is very relevant for us.

AJIT KAWATKAR   15 June 2008 at 18:48

partition of ppty by Collector

maharashtra land revenue code 1966-no.85[2]states--if in any holding there are more than 1 coholder any such coholder may apply to the collector for a partition of his/her share in the holding provided title is clear.
Q. my spinster sister &other married sister-since died;jointly hold aurangabad city.the ppty is in possession of her heirs[3sons] how have not mutated their names yet for they dont want to add their sisters spinster sister wants her share to be partitoned mutually to that they are reluctant & advising her to get it through court which is time consuming &expensive too. kindly guide me whether she can request petition to the COLLECTOR for quicker relief? her age is 83yrs.

Nikhil   13 June 2008 at 10:05

Inheritance of self aquired property

Dear Sir,
my grandfather having a self aquired property ( 3 sons and 1 daughter ) died without making a will. there are 3 extracts in his personal diary mentioning the distribution of his self aquired property to his sons, daughter and myself (grandson). but unfortunately these extracts are not signed by my grandfather. i have been living and taking care of my grandmother (who died in 2007) for 18 years in the now disputed flat which my uncles are objecting. i am still in possession of the said flat, electricity meter is on my name since 2005, telephone bills and other correspondence etc is also in my name.
all the sons and 1 daughter have gor a flat each but now the uncles are eyeing the flat i possess since my grandmother is no more.
can my uncles throw me out of the house???
Please advise further course of action.

R.Rajendran   12 June 2008 at 17:20

Share of house property

My mother-in-law has two house properties in her name.One house is at the heart of city (where she is residing along with my father-in-law)and its market value is Rs.40 lakhs.Another house is at suburban town and its market value is Rs.6 lakhs.My mother-in-law got these properties through the will of her mother(who is not alive).
My mother-in-law has 3 sons and 3 daughters and they are all married and settled.I request for legal reply for the following queries:
1. My mother-in-law wants to execute a will giving Rs 40 lakhs worth house property to her 3 sons and Rs 6 lakhs worth house property to her 3 daughters.
Can she write such a will on her inherited properties?
2.Can the daughters claim equal sharing of both the properties along with their brothers and ask their mother to execute the will to that effect?


Vijay Nair   12 June 2008 at 15:37

House loan for fathers property

My father owns a flat in Mumbai in a residential Co-operative Housing Society . We've been approached by a builder to redevelop the building . We've an option to go for extra area & we've to pay the builder as per the extra area we want to buy . I want to know -

1)Although the property is in my fathers name , can I avail of a home loan for the extra area we want to buy .
2)If No , can I become a joint owner & then avail of loan . How do I go about becoming a joint owner .
3)I've just been deputed to USA . Can I become a joint owner by registering the property in my fathers name & myself . I can issue a Power of Attorney to my father to sign on my behalf .

R.Rajendran   12 June 2008 at 14:33


I request for your reply for the following queries:
1. Should all the heirs sign in the document of Power of Attorney?

2.Is it necessary to register the document of power of attorney for selling the house?

3.Should all the heirs come once again to the Registrar's Office to sign the Sale-deed document while selling the house?


neelam486   06 June 2008 at 15:23

Sc orders regarding Stay related to delhi master plan

Is SC released any order related to stay for Delhi Master Plan recently. i need a copy. pls. help if anybody have information regarding this .

vishal   05 June 2008 at 19:29

Land Acquired by Noida Authority

My clients land has been acquired by Noida authority in 2003.The land use is agriculture in Khasra and Khautni. Also it has been surrounded by resitional land from 3 sides.It has been in the name of Noida Authority from 15.6.2005in Khautni and the notification date is 3.7.2003 for section(4) and 21.7.2003 for section(6). Please clearify that ----- Can we go to the High Court of U. P. and have any relief from there. Secondly what can we do in this regard. Please do the needful on urgent basis.


Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query