Intellectual Property Rights: Practice and Drafting by Adv Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

vinod bansal   19 July 2008 at 21:58

defence witness

Whether i can request to court to summon a witness as defence witness who is already prosecution witness in same case but he was not examined by the state/prosecution declaring unneccessary/won over.

neetesh   19 July 2008 at 21:48

regarding abolition of two year post pg remote posting

I am pg student from scb medical college,cuttack, orissa. I have taken admission under state quota (which is 50% of total seats). Here govt. has made a provision of two year compulsory post pg peripheral job for students of state quota. This was mentioned in prospectus of the entrance exam, how ever we have not signed any bond till now. the same rule is not applicable for all India quota students. this rule is hampering our prospects of higher studies. because the upper age limit for various higher studies is between 30 to 35 years.

1) Will the court accept our case even if; this was mentioned in the prospectus of the form of entrance exam. 2) Is there any previous judgment related to this topic from any court of India is available, which can help us. 3) Is there any law related to higher studies available, which can help us. 4) Kindly give your suggestion related to this topic.
dr. neetesh kumar sinha

M.A.T.Ganesan   19 July 2008 at 21:40

divorce in Hindu Marriage Act

husband filed an application for divorce against his wife on the ground of sexual torture by wife. is there any reported cases high courts or supreme court as it is cruelty? please guide me. wife is pressing sex irrespective of time she wants sex without taking into consideration of the health (an application is filed by husband pending)

P.Balasubramaniam   19 July 2008 at 19:16

legal out sourcing and placements

Dear Friends,

Can any one inform me the details of a good training centeres/addresses for legal out sourcing and providing job placements for aspiring advocates in Tamil Nadu or specifically in Coimbatore

Pawan Joshi   19 July 2008 at 15:43

Employee State Insurance

I was a partner in partnership firm and during my tenure ESI conducted a Inspection and raised the demand in year 2004. I retired from the partnership on april 2005. Now ESI has issued a Notice for paying of the demand. In this case ESI is only issuing notice to me and my Employer (AT present I am in Service) under Section 45G.I was the Managing Partner. Now Please advise me what to so. Treat it urgent.

suman   19 July 2008 at 15:14

sec 77 b of companies act 1956

why in sec 77 b of companies act a subsidiary co cannot buy the shares and other subsidiary co is also not allowed to buy the shares of the holding co.

P.Balasubramaniam   19 July 2008 at 14:21

Draft Sale Deed under SARFAESI Act

Dear Friends,

Please send me the draft sale deed under SARFAESI Act to be executed by the Authorised Officer of the Bank in favour of the auction purchaser for the immovable properties

sagar madan   19 July 2008 at 14:07

bombay stamp act

what is the stamp duty payable under bombay stamp act for agreement of joint venture with foreign comanies for technical assitance and for FDI contirbution in mumbai in India? Do also inform the relevant article of schedule I of bombay stamp act act under which such agreements are covered?

Sunanda A V   19 July 2008 at 13:33

Online Jobs in Law


I am looking for online jobs in Legal field.I have 2 and 1/2 Years of experience in Civil Law Practise.My academics is LLM.,PGDHRM.
Kindly guide me on the same.

K P Sendil Kumar   19 July 2008 at 12:12

Related to bank operations

My father is a senior citizen aged about 80 years. His pension account is held at SBI in Dindigul – Main branch. Due to his health conditions, presently he is staying with me in Chennai.

He was in need of a DD to close a Jewel Lone availed by my diseased mother. As he is staying in Chennai, I called SBI help line 1800-180-1290 to check whether it is possible to draw a DD at a non-home location with a withdrawal slip. The executive who answered my call replied that it is possible to draw a DD at a non-home location through withdrawal slip subject to a maximum of Rs.50,000/- per day.

Based on the information, we (I and my father) approached SBI’s Mylapore, Chennai branch and forwarded a DD request form along with a withdrawal slip for Rs.44,000/-. The employee at the counter informed us that it is not possible to issue DD at non-bank branch through withdrawal slip and insisted on a cheque. As my father has not opted for an account with cheque operation, he did not have any cheque with him. I informed the same to the clerk and she referred me to the Branch Manager who told me the same. I requested him to give it in writing and he refused to do so.

Hence, I approached the Assistant General Manager who was available in the branch and insisted on giving the reason for turning down my request, in writing. Then she referred me to the BM, and finally the BM gave in writing that "withdrawal not permitted at non-home location with withdrawal slip." In the note, he had added another reason as “passbook not given.” When I told him that he never asked for the passbook and shown my father’s passbook to him. Then he struck-off the second reason, counter signed the note and gave it back to me.

At this juncture, I would like to know whether it is possible or not, to draw a DD, for a sum of Rs.44,000/-, at a non-home branch – Mylapore, Chennai – through a withdrawal slip in SBI.

I also asked them for any other possibility of drawing a DD and was told that none available.