Bmc notice

This query is : Resolved 

04 December 2013

Few months back we received a notice from BMC under 351 Act saying that our building is in danger and we need to vacate the house. Our landlord wants our building to be redeveloped but the fact is that our building is an un-authorized structure. We are residing in this house since more than 50 years, when there was a chawl and that chawl was authorize. 30 years back our building got converted into building from chawl. Since 50 years we are regularly paying the rent to the landlord and receiving the rent receipt.
Kindly let us know that
• As a 50 year old tenant what is our right?
• In case if the building is demolished by BMC, who will be the rightful to that land?
• What action shall be taken by us to safeguard our house?

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900Online (Expert)
04 December 2013

Being a tenent you have rights in building property. You need to approach court to preserve your rights.

Rajendra K Goyal Online (Expert)
04 December 2013

Move to court for safeguarding your interests.

R.K NandaOnline (Expert)
04 December 2013

nothing more to add.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
Forensics & Evidence     |    x