LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Bar council enrolment

Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 21 July 2023 This query is : Resolved 

Sir, Namaste
My name is Naresh from Andhra pradesh I have completed 10+2 regular course.
then 3 years degree in ambedkar open university.
Later I did LLB regular. But Andhra Pradesh Bar Council is not registering them.They say they will not enroll as it is an open degree. Please advise me.
kavksatyanarayana (Expert) 21 July 2023
If you did 10 + 2 so you have to complete a 5-year LLB course. Then you will be eligible.
Isaac Gabriel (Expert) 22 July 2023
Regular study followed by correspondence degree make eligible to join in regular law course.Thereafter you have.completedlaw course through Ambetkar open university, which has not.been barred, and contnuing. If, refused, file.a writ in
High Court.
T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Expert) 22 July 2023
The decree was not pursued through regular college.
The law decree may be useful for employment purpose but due to said lacuna you are eligible to enrol as lawyer as per Advocates act
Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 22 July 2023
Sir, but AP bar council is not doing enrollment
Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 22 July 2023
They say that enrollment is not done because it is an open degree
Dr. J C Vashista (Expert) 23 July 2023
Challenge the orders passed by AP Bar Council, you have a valid degree and qualified to be enrolled as lawyer.
T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Expert) 24 July 2023
The enrollment rules is taht your basic decree should have been done through a regular college and then the law decree also should have been completed through a regular college.
Other than getting enrolled as a lawyer and practice law, you an utilise this law decree for other recognized purpose.
You will not get any remedy even if you file a writ petition in this regard.
Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 24 July 2023
Sir, but they were enrolled for open degree earlier but now they are not doing it
T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Expert) 07 August 2023
The bar council has prohibited to enroll the candidates who have not pursued their basic degree through regular college hence no writ petition will be maintainable in this regard.
You can become law officer or legal adviser in the corporate sector with this law degree but cannot get enrolled as an advocate.
Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Expert) 26 November 2023
you can try writ petition.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now