LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ancestral property right

Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 14 March 2023 This query is : Resolved 
I am under the ST category. My father is dead. All the plot/land was recorded in my grandfather's name. Now my grandfather sell our ancestral property 6 acres out of 9 acres without our consent and the buyer (General category) is also permitted by the sub-collector to illegally.
Sir, can I get my share of that property from my grandfather under civil rights law?
kavksatyanarayana (Expert) 14 March 2023
It is replied in the forum thread and a repeated query.
P. Venu (Expert) 14 March 2023
How is that the property is ancestral?

How is that the permission granted by the Sub Collector is illegal?
Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Expert) 15 March 2023
please share link of earlier query.
Advocate Bhartesh goyal (Expert) 15 March 2023
When all plots/land are recorded on your grandfather's name then it will be presumed that properties are your grandfather's self acquired property so he has every right to transfer/dispose them.
T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate Online (Expert) 16 March 2023
It was your grandfather's property.
When he sold the property after obtaining permission from District collector, your father who is the next generation descendant himself never questioned the sale of property, from where do you think that you have any rights in the property.
You do not have any rights in the property hence do not venture into any such fancy idea of claiming any share in it.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now