FLAT 20% OFF and 3-Months ADDED Validity on All Courses Absolutely FREE! Enroll Now Use Code: INDIA20
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ancestors property

Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 27 November 2022 This query is : Resolved 
My mother in law of aged 70years and her family are of 2daughters and elder son.Recently we heard that mother in law's grand father has land of 100+ acres.2years back mother in law's sister and brother had expired.Currenly mother in law's brother wife is trying sell this land and saying that land belongs to them and my mother in law don't have any rights on it. In this mother in law's father/grandfather not written any WILL.My question is mother in law and her daughters can claim rights on this land.
kavksatyanarayana (Expert) 27 November 2022
Yes. But there is a dispute between your mother-in-law and her sister-in-law. Hence obtain a succession certificate from the court concerned.
Advocate Bhartesh goyal (Expert) 28 November 2022
Yes, your mother in law can file suit for partition and injunction of property belonged to her father against her brother's wife and others who have share in it.
P. Venu (Expert) 28 November 2022
Yes, obtain the relevant records/documents and file a suit for partition.
Dr J C Vashista (Expert) 29 November 2022
Well advised by experts, I agree.
You are required to persuade your mother-in-law for filing a suit for partition, possession and permanent injunction through a local prudent lawyer.
Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 29 November 2022
Thanks everyone who replied to my query.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query