LIVE Course on Transfer Property Law | Price Hike in 4 days | Grab it now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

An fir is lounched in my name under 379,411,120b

(Querist) 21 December 2013 This query is : Resolved 
sir, an fir is lounched under the act 379,411,120b in the name of six person the police show them as gang the theft the material in the neight and sold them to different places.
but my name santosh gupta does not relate with them as i deals in govt tender and had no relation with the other five person one of the driver said to police as he sold the material to me once i got balle but what should i do so that i get safe from the court
T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Expert) 21 December 2013
consult a lawyer and contest the case on merits from our side.
Devajyoti Barman (Expert) 22 December 2013
Have you been named in FIR?
If not then you can go for quashing in high court.
Dr J C Vashista (Expert) 22 December 2013
I agree with Mr. Barman
V R SHROFF (Expert) 22 December 2013
I agree with Mr. Barman
Biswanath Roy (Expert) 22 December 2013
Take out copies of case diary and F.I.R. from the Criminal court, if you find your name is not appearing there then you can get a chance to go to High Court for relief, otherwise, you will be always tagged with the long drawn proceedings. You did not mention whether or not any search was conducted at your place for recovery of stolen goods if so what is the result? On receipt of such information I can help you little more to get rid of.
T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Expert) 22 December 2013
If you have been named as an accused in the FIR along with the other five accused, you have to contest your case with the help of a lawyer, only in case the case keeps dragging on endlessly for the reason that one of the accused is absconding or not traceable, you may file a petition to split the case and fight it out separately, quashing of the case before the high court will not hold its ground due to the nature of the case.
Rajendra K Goyal (Expert) 22 December 2013
Defend yourself in the criminal proceedings against you. Take services of some good lawyer practicing in criminal law.
Raj Kumar Makkad (Expert) 22 December 2013
Follow the advice of biswanath roy.
Dr J C Vashista (Expert) 23 December 2013
I have similar views

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query