LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Adopted son

(Querist) 20 February 2024 This query is : Resolved 
Iam adopted son of my mother my mother dead while on railway service iam applying on railway administration on my death mother benefits but railway ask decorations suit, sir what is decorations suit please gide
P mahesh (Querist) 20 February 2024
Declration suit, my name including in my mother railway medical card traveling pass from 6 , but not add on service sheet also add on pf benefits
kavksatyanarayana (Expert) 20 February 2024
I think your name is included in your mother's medical card and travelling pass as a dependant. Your name is not included as an adopted son. If your name is included as an Adopted Son, the question of declaration suit does not arise. So you consult a local lawyer to file a declaration suit in court.
Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Expert) 21 February 2024
You are not clear with facts:-

1. whether adoption was in writing?
2. whether adoption is registered i service record of mother.
3. whether you were availing medical/pass facility which she was in rail service.
4. whether you are recorded in PG/Pension nomination?
5. Do you have a father or other adoptive siblings?

no comprehensive view can be formed without these facts.
Advocate Bhartesh goyal (Expert) 21 February 2024
Railway authorities are right, if you have registered adoption deed then you need not to get declared as adopted son from court else get declared your self as adopted son of your mother from civil court.
T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Expert) 21 February 2024
It is a declaration suit.
If you are required to file a declaration suit to declare you as your mother's son, you can approach a local advocate and get it done

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now