LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ac duct heat direct to my house

Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 14 May 2024 This query is : Resolved 
Dear all ,
In front of my home , the house in front of me has installed the AC duct due to which the heat air directly come to my house the corridor is small and this outside heat and the AC heat causing a more problem we are sleep deprived.

When we politely asked them to off the AC the lady came and shouted at us why we have to off the AC . You are facing the issue install the AC at your home we are not going to do anything we can't sleep we don't care about you .

Kindly suggest what to do
Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Expert) 15 May 2024
They will not cooperate.

you can file civil suit or faster remedy is an application to the SDM under section 133 CrPC for abatement of nuisance.
T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Expert) 15 May 2024
You have the right to talk to your neighbor about moving their split AC's outdoor unit if it's causing too much heat on your property. But before going the legal route, it's better to approach them nicely and talk it out. Let them know how the heat is bothering you and affecting your place. They might be open to finding a solution, like moving the unit somewhere else. However, if they're not willing to cooperate, you can consider legal options based on your area's rules and any homeowner association guidelines.
If nothing works then you can resort to proper legal action against the neighbour
Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 15 May 2024
Dear sir ,
I have politely asked them to off the AC 2-3 times when there is too much heat . Or when I come from office at 8 then . Yesterday they came and started shouting who are you tell us to off the AC we have installed because we want to use it. You also install the AC like us. And she is telling us that it's not our issue that you are facing the problem.
Is it possible to construct a wall to prevent the heat of the AC entering your house?
T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Expert) 15 May 2024
You are repeating the contents without understanding what was given as answer in our reply.
You cannot ask your neighbor to switch off the AC, instead request them to shift the AC to a different place to avoid inconvenience to you failing which you can take legal steps as suggested.
Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Expert) 16 May 2024
Polite request would have been acceded if they really opted for such language.

legal action is the only course.

Meet a Lawyer with proposal for action under Section 133 XrPC.
P. Venu (Expert) 16 May 2024
Yes, in the given facts, legal action is the only course. Perhaps, even a Legal Notice could serve the purpose.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now