Signed in blank paper

Dear Experts,

Two weeks back govt surveyor came to survey my property once survey is over he got my signature and my mother thumb impression on few blank papers as a proof of survey. I'm not sure whether these papers are just blank papers or stamp papers or non judicial stamp paper or any other valid empty document, since head part of these document is covered with other documents. we both signed on these documents. Now i realized that he may misuse my documents illegally. Is it possible to misuse at any cost?Is it possible for some one to hold grip on property or finance by just holding this unregisterd blank papers? If so what you want me take next action for a precaution to declare them null and void? Thanks in advance

Anirudh (Expert)

Even an yet to be born child will not believe your story! You claim yourself to be an Engineer!!

seshadri dubey (Expert)

now all you have to wait and watch what they are going to do, and I dont think that you can take any actions in advance as still you are in dark.

venkatesh (Querist)

Seshadri sir, Is it some thing serius? what are the possible ways they can misuse? can i lodge a FIR if it requires?

If misused, you may have a remedy depending upon the facts and circumstances, but not an easy one.

Yes the signatures on blank documents, if done, can be misused. Consult local lawyer.

ADV-JEEVAN PATIL, MUMBAI (Expert)

Well advised by expert Rajendra

K.S.Srinivas (Expert)

Yes. There is every possibility of misusing them. Be calm. Follow the advice of expert seshadri dubey.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Expert)

Though you may apprehend him to misuse the duly signed blank papers for his wrongful gains, you can always challenge it if you are not at fault. But you should come out with facts that why at all a surveyor take signatures on blank paper? Were you so much afraid of him that you did not ask him the reason for obtaining signatures in blank papers.
I go by the views expressed by learned expert Mr. Anirudh.

×