Rti to police station - whom to copy

This query is : Resolved 

05 December 2011


Just extension to my earlier query.

Sir, i am going to seek information from the Deputy Commissioner of Police office in connection with complaint against me U/S 498a, 406 etc.

Kindly let me know to which departments/persons, i should copy same to build more pressure on the police deptt. Thanks

Shonee Kapoor (Expert)
05 December 2011

RTI can be filed only to the concerned PIO, there can not be any CC in the same.


Shonee Kapoor

Manjeet (Querist)
05 December 2011

Thanks very much Sir.

Shailesh Kr. Shah (Expert)
05 December 2011

yes, rightly answer by Mr.Shonee.

Rajeev Kumar (Expert)
05 December 2011

Yes i do agree with kapoor

M.Sheik Mohammed Ali (Expert)
05 December 2011

or chief secretary of GOvt.

Advocate M.Bhadra (Expert)
05 December 2011

All Complaint,Police Report, Investigation and Final Report are not covered under RTI Act, if you are a concerned party then you can get a certified copy of it from the Court.However if you want to get it you can try by sending an application according to RTI Format affixed court fees of Rs.10/-to The State Public Information Officer,Department of Home Affairs,in your State Govt.

Dr J C Vashista (Expert)
06 December 2011

Public Information Officer-cum-Deputy Commissioner/Sr. Suptd of Police of your district.
No carbon copy please

KodaiKanal S.Thanuskodi (Expert)
09 December 2011

You aware the serious of complaint under IPC 498 or 498-A the offences against woman and 406 Criminal breach of Trust. Both are Cognizable and Non-bailable and you may arrest anytime. First you should know through Advocate that complaint is Registered as FIR or Petiton Enquiry In Woman Police Station by DCP Forwarded till the Medical Report. And than you file Anticipatory u/s 438 crpr with FIR NO. or without FIR No. and than Surrender to the Court and act according to Court Condition.Donot wast your time not use the RTI in personal matter.You may get information of FIR No. and few lines of complaint after 30 days from the date of your RTI application but you may be Jail when the Information reach your address.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :


  LAWyersclubindia Menu

Indian Evidence Act     |    x