Revoking the passport query

This query is : Resolved 

15 November 2019

Hello Experts,
My husband is not paying maintenance for 7 years. So, I have filed the application u/s 125(3) but no success. I heard that we can apply to revoke his Passport.
Please guide me, can we apply to revoke the husband's passport if he is not complying with the court's order?
If yes, then how and where?
Please advise...Thanks in advance !!!

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Expert)
15 November 2019

Dear Kiran,
Why 125(3) application became unsuccessful ?

Court can seize his passport if he is trying to run out of country. You can make application for seizing his passport. Court may pass the order as per merits of the case.

Dr J C Vashista (Expert)
16 November 2019

How do you correlate passport with maintenance?
What is the opinion and advise of the lawyer engaged by you, who is well aware about the facts and circumstances of the case and an able, competent and intelligent enough to guide.
However, if you still feel strong for a second opinion/advise it is advisable to consult another local prudent lawyer for better appreciation of facts and circumstance/ documents, guidance and proceeding.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now


  LAWyersclubindia Menu

IPC Grand Course     |    x