Recovery of money from niit

This query is : Resolved 

07 December 2011

Dear Sir/Mam,

I got my wife enrolled for pursuing Diploma in Java course in NIIT, I paid a sum of 36,500 through my credit card, while I was making the payment the executive informed me that the classes would begin in a week's time, therefore we waited to hear back from the institute, however NIIT did not care to respond back at all, we followed up with the institute for more than 3 months, after that we went to the institute to request for refund the money, there's a clause mentioned in the enrollment document that "refund of tutition fees are possible in full if the student wishes to withdraw from a course/program registered, at least 2 days prior to the scheduled start date of the program/course". I have been following up with the centre head for the refund for more than 45 days now.. however i am not getting any proper response. When i call the institute no body answers my call or don't even respond to my messages. I need expert advise on how should i got about recovering the money from the institute.


Devajyoti Barman (Expert)
07 December 2011

What was the reason for delay/
Ws the institute responsible for delay?
If yes then certainly you are entitled to hey back the money.
File a case before the consumer forum.

mahendrakumar (Expert)
08 December 2011

You can get the refund through consumer case.

as per the UGC and AICTE guidelines,educational institute can maximum charge/deduct a sum of Rs.1000/- only incase of withdrawal of admissions.

sent a registered notice for the refund first.

Advocate. Arunagiri (Expert)
08 December 2011

Send a notice to them demanding refund. If they dont respond file a case in the consumer forum.

Notice is not mandatory, even then I suggest you to do that, just because, some times the matter would settle by a notice itself.

Prasan (Expert)
08 December 2011

you first give them a notice demanding the fees paid by you back mentioning reasons. if they paid back, fine. otherwise move to consumer redressal forum and lodge a complaint against NIIT. within 3 months you ll get relief.

ajay sethi (Expert)
08 December 2011

issue legal notice to NIIT demanding refund with interest . if NIIT fails to refund file complaint with consumer forum for deficency in service .

disposal of case may depend upon the pendency of cases in consumer forum of your area

Raj Kumar Makkad (Expert)
09 December 2011

Arunagiri has already represented my views.

Dr J C Vashista (Expert)
10 December 2011

There are number of such cases decided by National Consumer Redressal Commission and Hon'ble Supreme Court in favour of consumer for deficiency of service on the part of opposite party which is clearly established in your case. Donot delay file consumer case immedialtly

Ravinder Singh (Querist)
10 December 2011

Dear Devajyoti, Mahendrakumar, Arunagiri,Prasan, Ajay, Raj and Vashista
You all are awesome.
Thank you so much for the direction... I will send out the notice immediately.

Ravinder Singh (Querist)
10 December 2011

Thanks All once Again!!!

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :


  LAWyersclubindia Menu

Complete Hindu Laws Course     |    x