Paying guest accomodation

I am residing in ahmedabad and i want to use my flat for paying guest accomodation to students and bachlors. Our society committee saying that no members can give their flats to bachlors or paying guest purposes. Our society is registered under bombay non trading corporation act 1949...which was abolished by the gujarat govt. in 2005. can society put such conditions on me...

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Expert)

Dear Mr. chirag,
If society has passed resolution about not to allow students and bachelors in that case the said resolution is binding on you. You canchallenge it before co. op. registrar.

If any such clause is in the Rules and Regulations of the Byelaw, then you have to follow such rules and regulations. Otherwise you may file petition before the Registrar of Cooperative Housing Societies concerned.

The Society or its management has no law making powers. As such, it cannot prevent its member from doing what the ordinary laws allow him to do unless there is a legislative sanction which empowers the Society or its management to impose such a condition.

×