Need to apply for legal heir but issue due to name mistake

This query is : Resolved 

Querist : Anonymous (Querist)
30 November 2019

Hello Sir,

My father in law passed away recently with out any will. Now the properties have to be change to his wife and daughter. However there is spelling error in surname of daughter. when i tried to change it, i found out that error continued in all certificates like school certificates, AAdhar, PAN,PASSPORT and even in marriage certificate due to aadhar. How can i solve this issue and proceed for applying Legal Heir

N.J.S.Rajkumar alias narasimha (Expert)
30 November 2019

Filing an Affidavit regarding the same would serve your purpose. Discuss with concerned Officials

sankar narayanan (Expert)
30 November 2019

Better to consult local lawyer and seek suggestion act accordingly

kavksatyanarayana (Expert)
30 November 2019

You shall give affidavit and get it attested by a Notary and file it.

Dr J C Vashista (Expert)
02 December 2019

How it is possible that surname of a daughter varied from name of her father ?
Seek advise/ guidance of a local prudent lawyer with relevant case file for better appreciation of facts.

P. Venu (Expert)
02 December 2019

You can execute a settlement or partition deed and based on the said deed, the concerned authorities could be approached to carry out the mutation.

Raj Kumar Makkad (Expert)
16 December 2019

The short procedure is to get notarized an affidavit that these two names/sirnames do represent the same person and then get the same in two local newspapers so as to meet the requirement of the revenue authorities.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now


  LAWyersclubindia Menu

IPC Grand Course     |    x