Criminal Trident Pack: IPC, CrPC and IEA by Sr. Adv. G.S Shukla and Adv. Raghav Arora
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Name change by gazette notification is valid outside india?

(Querist) 10 July 2017 This query is : Resolved 
If i have changed my name by "Gazette Notification" , Is it legal out side of India? Since Gazette notification is done by central government of India and not from foreign authority where I am going to work.

My degree certificates(10th, 12th, BE, M.Tech) and employment certificates( experience letter and reliving letter) are with old names and my Passport will be with new name. do i really have to change my name in all degree certificate? or if i attach "Gazette Notification" with degree certificates containing old names, it will be enough while applying for Permanent resident Visa of any country or finding and doing Job in Software company?

Also if i remove Middle name and keep only first and last name is it OK? Is it mandatory to put middle name anywhere in India or Abroad?

Rajendra K Goyal (Expert) 10 July 2017
Generally it is accepted.

However, all depend on the rules applicable in designated country.
P. Venu Online (Expert) 11 July 2017
Certainly, there is no Naming Act in our country. Once the change has been carried out in the passport, that should take care of all the aspects unless the country has adopted different norms,
Rajeshwari Patel (Querist) 11 July 2017
Modifying question with more clarity.

I am going to change name by "Gazette Notification". My Degree certificates(10th, 12th, BE, M.Tech) and EMP Certificates( Experience letter) are with OLD names and Passport will be with “NewName”(will change after Gazette Notification). Will Software company in “Foreign Countries” will “accept or consider” Degree certificates and Emp certificates valid with Old names? Since Name change is not done by foreign authority where I am going to work.
Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Expert) 18 August 2018
this forum cannot make any comments on the policy of an unknown foreign company ( for that matter even if the company is Indian and known).

Not a legal issue.
Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Expert) 18 August 2018

in that thread it is stated that there are 9 names of same person.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query