Leave and licence agreement

This query is : Resolved 

04 April 2012

Dear Sir

Is it advisable to enter into an agreement with a tenant for 11 months rental agreement in 20 Rs stamp paper and fresh agreement after 11 months for further period of 11 months.
Is is required for registering the same in court.The property belongs to a Govt. employee.

Thanking you


Shonee Kapoor (Expert)
04 April 2012

It is a state subject.

Please consult a local lawyer.


Shonee Kapoor

Anil Kulkarni (Expert)
04 April 2012

Yes , one needs to enter into an agreement with the tenant. The value of stamp paper depends upon the state. In Maharashtra, the agreements needs to be made on Rs. 100 stamp paper. The registration should be made with the authority under the rent act by paying the requisite fees.

Anil Kulkarni (Expert)
04 April 2012

In additiona to my earlier mail, please note that whether the property is owned by a Government Servant or otherwise makes not difference.

Deepak Nair (Expert)
04 April 2012

Agreement for 11 months for leave and license is valid. But, it is better to register the same.

Any way, there is a practice of notarising the 11 month agreement.

Please confirm whether Rs.20 stamp paper is valid in your state or not.

ajay sethi (Expert)
Click to Talk
04 April 2012

registartion of leave and licence agreement is compuklsory in maharashtra . get it drfted by a lawyer , duly stamped ad regsitered

sankar narayanan (Expert)
04 April 2012

Yes normal course in lease agreement is made in 20 rs sp and certified by notery. But reg of the same more authendical

Kishor Mehta (Expert)
04 April 2012

The registration of document law in Maharashtra has made it compulsory to register the Leave & License agreement, the stamp duty and registrations fees are mandatory, and vary according to the amounts involved. It applies to all, including Government employees.
However, if your property is not in Maharashtra state, please take advise from local lawyers.
Kishor Mehta

Raj Kumar Makkad (Expert)
04 April 2012

I have nothing to add in the wise advice of mehta.

V R SHROFF (Expert)
04 April 2012

It shd be on 500/- rs stamp paper min, and must be registered, in mah state LL Agr.

Rent do not need renewal after 11 months, so it is LL.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :


  LAWyersclubindia Menu