Can criminal charges be filed against mgt in a banking scam

This query is : Resolved 

Querist : Anonymous (Querist)
23 January 2020

Dear all, I would like to draw your attention to the recent banking scam in Sri Guru Raghavendra Co-op bank in bangalore where RBI has ordered the bank to stop all normal functions of the bank such as acceptance of new deposits, grant of new loans or making new investments and put a cap on withdrawal of amount by each person to a maximum of Rs.35000/- for a period of six months.. In this case, can the depositor can a police complaint of cheating against the bank management where they they been giving false information regarding NPA and such other financial information based on which the innocent depositor has deposited money in bank.? Will the police be able to take action based on the complaint filed by the depositor?

Sb Karma (Expert)
24 January 2020

RBI already put that bank on Limitation,
means they are already investigate that banks details A/C.

So let the RBI do their jobs.

But yes if you wish to file case against bank you can do it,
but not for hiding NPA it's not towards A/C Holder liability,but for other services related you can file suit.

Raj Kumar Makkad (Expert)
25 January 2020

Being an affected person, you are not debarred to lodge police complaint even though RBI is investigating the scandal which led the current situation.

Dr J C Vashista (Expert)
25 January 2020

Mr/Ms. Anonymous,
Are you an affected person ?
What is your locus standi to the question ?
Prima facie it is an academic topic for "time-pass" debate.
However, if you are affected/ involved, it is advisable to consult a local prudent lawyer with relevant records for appreciation of facts, professional guidance and necessary proceeding.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now


  LAWyersclubindia Menu