C.h.s.matter

in our society in mumbai one person has become secretary /committe member however his flat is in the name of his wife ,we raised the issue in a.g.m but the chairman said he can become an ASSOCIATE MEMBER so can anyone guide me can he hold position of secretary or managiong committee position .and can we raise our complaint against it

ashok kumar singh (Expert)

you have to read out the Regulation of Society, in a case Associate members permitted for voter, naturally, he can be elected for the office bearer of the society, though it is advisable to go through the contents of the REGULATION OF SOCIETY, which has been submitted at the time of registration, before the Registrar of the Society, since every this should be in accordance to the said REGULATION.

u can raise any nature of Complaint under the Law if you aggrieved.

ajay sethi (Expert)

you have stated flat is standing in name of wife.
has she made an application to scoiety for adding her husband name as associate member ?
has society made husband an associate member
has the wife given permission for her husabnd to act on her behalf attend meetings , stand for election ?
if so , then husband can be lected as managing committee member

Raj Kumar Makkad (Expert)

I gree with seti.

M/s. Y-not legal services (Expert)

Am also agree with mr.shethi

×