LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

i'm unable to serve notice period

(Querist) 14 July 2022 This query is : Resolved 
My lord,

I'm joined in pvt company on 22nd July and Due to personal and family problems I want to leave organization and now I'm at different place..The same i informed to HR & Supervisor..Now they are creating so, much hectic problem to me..

I said my problem clearly and explained through mail also..Now they are not at all listening and now they are saying I have to serve notice period..I said I'll pay the money also..But they are not listening..

What should I do now..They are saying if I didn't attend office they want to issue absconding letter but my problem is I can't able to attend office in this situation...
Dr J C Vashista (Expert) 14 July 2022
You have stated, inter alia, that, "I'm joined in pvt company on 22nd July.........." which year of July ???????
What is the reason you are not allowed to leave the company ?
Can the company force you stay with them for ever ?
You are so indispensable that company shall not survive in your absence ?
What are the terms and conditions of your service ?
PRASAD GABBITA (Querist) 14 July 2022
Dear sir,

Sorry I'm joined on 22nd June'22..and i resigned on 9th July'22... They are asking me to serve notice period but I'm at different place..

Yes Sir the supervisors & HR are asking me to stay in the company till last date...

I want to pay the money for shortfall also but they are not at all accepting..

In terms and conditions as per supervisor &HR approval notice period is Negotiable...

But they are not at all accepting sir what should I do
P. Venu (Expert) 14 July 2022
There is nothing that prevents you from resigning. However, the employer has the discretion to initiate recovery of notice period pay. Moreover, such a hasty course of action may adversely reflect in BGV in a future employment.
PRASAD GABBITA (Querist) 14 July 2022
I want to pay the money also but they are not at all accepting...Please suggest me what should I do...
kavksatyanarayana (Expert) 14 July 2022
Consult a local advocate with the material i.e. your appointment letter, the company's mail/notice for proper guidance.
PRASAD GABBITA (Querist) 14 July 2022
Ok sir but my question is if I want to repay the money is it possible to relieve me immediately..As per terms & Conditions my supervisor & BHR Need to accept..But they are not accepting
Dr J C Vashista (Expert) 15 July 2022
No one compel to stay in the company service, however, the HR and other functionaries of the company are also governed by terms and conditions accepted by both parties.

Show the appointment letter to a local prudent lawyer for better appreciation of facts, profession advise and necessary proceeding.

PRASAD GABBITA (Querist) 15 July 2022
Surely sir thank you

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query