Civil Procedure Code (CPC)

wrong document submit in insurance policy

This query is : Resolved 

Querist : Anonymous (Querist)
06 November 2010

I have a insurance policy in a company, but the certificate which I received from the company, I can saw it that the company submit a wrong age proof, it is some others age certificate which the company made tampering and submit it as my age proof. Now what will be my next step... And as the agent is my relative what will happen to him if I do any complain against him as the policy which I have done is almost two years ago.

Raj Kumar MakkadOnline (Expert)
06 November 2010

This is a minor typographic error which can be rectified at any time. As this wrong thing has come to your knowledge, you make a representation to the branch office of local LIC from where policy was issued in your favour along-with the certificate of your age-proof and request them to do the needful. If by changing the age, slab of premium also differs then an enquiry can be made in the whole matter and agent can also be questioned by LIC otherwise it is a normal things to get such correction, if the same are minor.

Parthasarathi Loganathan (Expert)
06 November 2010

Corrections can be enabled on the basis of proof of age is submitted. If there is a clerical error on the part of LIC it is taken care well without your intervention. LIC normally co-operates a great deal on such issues.

Rajeev kulshreshtha (Expert)
06 November 2010

I agree.

adv. rajeev ( rajoo )Online (Expert)
07 November 2010

It is not a big problem and it can be rectified. bring it into the notice of the co., and get it rectified.

s.subramanian (Expert)
08 November 2010


You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
Civil Litigation Course     |    x