Criminal Trident Pack: IPC, CrPC and IEA by Sr. Adv. G.S Shukla and Adv. Raghav Arora
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Writ petition

(Querist) 03 March 2012 This query is : Resolved 
Can any member advice by end of Sunday

I would like to file a writ petition for stay an ongoing work being done by Corporation of Chennai, in violation of Chennai City Municipal Corporation Act, as well as for directions to Corporation to do the work as per the Act I have drafted an affidavit but am not sure about the number of Miscellaneous petition that should be; one for stay and the other for direction or both in one.

V R SHROFF (Expert) 03 March 2012
You cannot file WP without Advocate,
Explain him & let him do needful
s.subramanian (Expert) 04 March 2012
I agree with the advice of Mr.
Shroff. For your information, you have to file one M.P. for stay and the Other main writ petition for direction .
Nadeem Qureshi (Expert) 04 March 2012
prabhakar singh (Expert) 04 March 2012
You need to engage a lawyer to file a writ and an application for stay called Misc.Application(MP).
Thyagarajan (Querist) 04 March 2012
dear members
I have taken the advice of Experts of L/club earlier and filed a Writ party-in-person with one MP for directions and the other writ of Mandamus. The case was found maintainable in first hearing and notice served to standing councilor of Corporation. I picked up a lawyer from thousands in Madras High Court to file Wakalath so that he appears on adjournments. When the Judge took up the case for orders on MP the Standing Councilor advised the court orally that his client assures he will not do anything against rules and preferred not to file a counter. The Judge told, in the circumstances if the MP is withdrawn he will confer the liberty on me to approach him on a fresh petition if Corporation does anything as against its submission on a future date. I agreed and the judge closed the MP and passed order accordingly.
The Corporation did act against the submission. Hence I approached the Experts of L/club. With your guidelines I hope to file a petition and get a stay and direction
Kishor Mehta (Expert) 04 March 2012
With respect to all the learned friends,

I have a query related to the matter:
I understand that a litigant can personally appear before any court, and need not appoint the services of a lawyer. Is it correct?
Please inform.
Kishor Mehta
Raj Kumar Makkad (Expert) 04 March 2012
A litigant with the due permission of the concerned court may plead his own case without a lawyer.
Thyagarajan (Querist) 05 March 2012
Dear Mr. Rajkumar,
In MP petition can I claim a stay order by right with proof and the earlier order or the Judge will order issuance of notice to corporation giving it a chance to correct itself?
Guest (Expert) 06 March 2012
I agree with the views of Shri Makkad.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query