Whether appeal lies against the interlocutory order of the single judge bench of the high court

In my case the Single Judge Bench had directed the municipality to reinstate the petitioner who working as a contract typist in its interlocutory order.In the petition the contract typist sough relief from the single judge for his regularisation. I am appearing on behalf of the municipality.

Devajyoti BarmanOnline (Expert)

Yes Letters Patent Appeal lies against the order of single judge.
But check first whether your High Court does have Letters Patent Appeal or not.

R.K NandaOnline (Expert)

File Review Petition in the same court.

Shonee KapoorOnline (Expert)

Agreed with ld. Barman.

Shonee Kapoor
harassed.by.498a@gmail.com

R.RAJENDRAN (Expert)

Contract typist can not seek regularization, against the terms of the contract and can not continue after the expiry of the contract period. There are so many decided cases of the High Courts and the Apex Court. Relying on the decision revision petition may be filed or appeal may be preferred before the Division Bench, if provisions permit.

×