LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
The Indian Constitution Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

What after section 9 of hindu marriage act ?

Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 10 April 2018 This query is : Resolved 
Me & my wife got married on 24th Jan 2017. After some complications, we are living separately from 13th May 2017. I filed RCR under section 9 of HMA but didnt attend any dates of court. She moved application for interim maintenance on 16/08/2017 & got maintenance as 6k per month. When she was living with me from 24th Jan 2017 to 13th May 2017, she started abusive words to me & my parents. She even tried to suicide by knife & tried to hit me by knife. She started screaming at my home without any valid reason just like I am beating her. What is procedure to file divorce in this condition ?
P. Venu (Expert) 11 April 2018
Her actions may amount to marital cruelty and divorce could be sought. However, the easiest option would be divorce on mutual consent.
Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Expert) 11 April 2018
RCR notice is a time tested tool to compel wife to raise true/false complaint of dowry/domestic violence against husband with family including married/unmarried brother/sisters wit/without their spouse. This way husband leaves her with no choice but to spoil his family even if she does not want to do so.

This forum is full of such cases where husband with parents/siblings faced such criminal charges.
After visiting jails people realise that the situation inside Indian Jails is not as rosy as shown in movies and the cops are also comedians in movies which is not in actual life.

So after sowing the seeds you may also harvest the bitter fruits.
Ms.Usha Kapoor (Expert) 12 April 2018
Her actions may amount to mental cruelty and on this ground divorce may be sought. However MCD is a better option.
Ms.Usha Kapoor (Expert) 22 June 2018
I stick to my above view.
Ms.Usha Kapoor (Expert) 22 June 2018

I stick to my view as well as Vijayy Raj Mahajan's
Ms.Usha Kapoor (Expert) 06 July 2018
I stick to my view as well as Vijay Raj Mahajan's view.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query