Vehicle stolen

Respected experts,
my vehicle was stolen 2 months ago I have registered an FIR for the same, the police officials have found the person who stole the vehicle and that person says his friend took away the vehicle and is absconding now. further, there is no process going on by the police officer so what shall be the next step that I should take ???

Aggrieved by the non action of SHO on FIR ,you may write an application u/secs 36 & 154 (3) Cr.P.C.to Superintendent of Police concerned and send it by regd post,request him to either investigate the matter himself or direct an investigation to be made by any police officer subordinate to him.

Well analysed and advised by expert Mr. Bhartesh Goyal, I agree.
However, apply to concerned court for seeking status report from the SHO / IO.

Hemant AgarwalOnline (Expert)

1. Apply to Claim the Insurance of Vehicle, based on the Police FIR that was registered earlier. The Insurance Co. will investigate alongwith the Police, for further processing. IF not traced within a reasonable time frame, Insurance Claim will be paid to you.

2. Typically and usually once a vehicle is stolen, it is literally impossible to trace the same, more so since stolen vehicle is dismantled and individual parts are sold away.

ashok kumar singhOnline (Expert)

Lodge your Complaint with the Police.
agreed with views expressed by earlier experts, follow those vies to have resolution.
thanks

×