Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Validity in court

(Querist) 04 April 2012 This query is : Resolved 
Dear sirs,
In continuation to my queries about Family Settlement deed,i also wish to know that,whether any slips,notes or rough scribbling on piece of papers by my late mother mentioning due share distribution to siblings at her whims and fancies( My late Father has not executed any will favoring any)in the main building is valid in court of law or not?
Adv.R.P.Chugh (Expert) 04 April 2012
As a partition of a joint hindu family is not required to be in writing. If you are claiming that a partition has took place - the scribes that you mention would definately work up as evidence, though not conclusive in themselves.
Deepak Nair (Expert) 04 April 2012
Agree with Nadeem.
Shonee Kapoor (Expert) 04 April 2012
Agreed, they are not conclusive evidence. It is not a will.

And also, the partition has to be proved by oral evidence.


Shonee Kapoor
ajay sethi (Expert) 04 April 2012
mr madhusudan rao

forward these documents to your lawyer . after going through said notings if he fees thay will support you case enclose said scribblings as exhibits.
Sankaranarayanan (Expert) 04 April 2012
You all blood relatives eligibble to get equal share even not made will or partition. If it is from grand parents property then ur father share will be shared equally with ur blood relatives so no need of documents such as will or partition from your parents need

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query