Negotiable Instruments: Exhaustive Coverage by Adv Roma Bhagat. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Uttar pradesh rent control act 2021

(Querist) 10 June 2023 This query is : Resolved 
We have a small shop in Agra Since 1992, which is assigned us on rent of ₹3200/-pm with due permission of both DM and Landlord. Later on our rent was in increased to ₹8000/-pm in 2012 and now it is continue with this amount. Now lanlord has filled the apeal under sec 10 of UP act 2021 to rent tribunal court that he want ₹65000/-pm rent othervise he may get the orders of eviction of premise.
Recently rent tribunal decided the huge amount of enhance rent in 11 cases and if tenant not depositing the enhance rent then further ordering for eviction of premises. Tenants are loosing the cases and going in apeal before the rent authority judgement but they have to pay big amount.
I need advise that rent amount can be increased exponentially as lanlord is demanding and how the rent tribunal deciding the rent without considering the real facts viz without considering latest sale transaction of area or goverment emapnelled valuer valuation or nagar nigam circle rate.
What steps should be taken in this matter.


kavksatyanarayana (Expert) 10 June 2023
If you aggrieved with the orders of the Rent Tribunal you can appeal in the appellate court by consulting a local lawyer.
T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Expert) 10 June 2023
This is a matter of appeal, you may have to approach the appellate tribunal to get your grievances redressed, if in the course of appeal if you are required to pay any amount as deposit, you may have to comply with the same or else your appeal may not be entertained.

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (Expert) 11 June 2023
If Rent Tribunal failed to consider the material facts & evidence and law then you can prefer an appeal before Appellate Rent Tribunal and raise all objections therein.
P. Venu (Expert) 14 June 2023
You may instruct your counsel to bring all the aspects for the Tribunal and if the decision is less than judicious, you have the option for appeal.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now