This query is : Resolved 

Querist : Anonymous (Querist)
08 August 2020

I have a house property 250 sq yards in Hyderabad. I purchased this from vendors in 2017. My vendors purchased the property by sale deed in 1992. They had the property assessed in municipal records in 2002 and have municipal house number and they have been paying electricity, water and property tax. I came to know that the property is effected by ULC surplus land. I demolished the old house and began new construction in the site. VRO came to my site and asked me to stop construction. I also have building permission in respect of house property from municipality. I heard that ulc act has been repealed in Telangana. I told the same to VRO but he insists that land is still under ULC. Is the ulc act still valid? Can the VRO stop my construction even though I have building permission? What can be done now? I want to continue my construction but VRO wants me to stop it. He is asking me to get the land regularised and then start construction. Is the regularisation needed?

Dr J C VashistaOnline (Expert)
09 August 2020

Local abbreviations of "ULC & VRO" have been used.
Municipal / local laws apply to the query hence, it is better and advisable to consult a local lawyer.

Querist : Anonymous (Querist)
09 August 2020

Dr. JC Vashishta sir, thanks for your reply. Sir the abbreviations are as follows
UlC: urban land ceiling.
VRO: village revenue officer.
Kindly help what can be done

Querist : Anonymous (Querist)
09 August 2020

Kindly can someone help with my query

Rajendra K Goyal Online (Expert)
09 August 2020

Local law applicable, discuss in detail with local lawyer.

If the VLC has issued notice to stop construction, approach court to try for a stay on the order.

P. Venu Online (Expert)
09 August 2020

Have you contacted the original vendor? What is his stand?
Does the conveyance deed contain the recital that the property is not surplus under Land Ceiling Act?
When was the Land declared/notified surplus?

kavksatyanarayanaOnline (Expert)
09 August 2020

You have to a grievance petition to the District Collector on grievance day (it will be conducted once a week, so consult in local office) with a copy of all the documents you have.

R.Ranganathan (Expert)
10 August 2020

You can approach the courts since you say the building permission has been obtained by you from the municipal authorities who are superior to VRO. It further seems your property is a smaller extent under ULC how much land was acquired and when and also find out what happened to the balance extent of land under ULC. For further advice you have to provide details about the ULC acquisitions.

krishna mohanOnline (Expert)
10 August 2020

Well advised by Mr.Satyanarayana. If official grievance not seeing end result to your favour, you can approach court by engaing a lawyer expert on property matters.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now



IPC Grand Course     |    x