LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
The Indian Constitution Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Troublesme hubby

Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 06 April 2011 This query is : Resolved 
I am 28yrs old, married(arranged marriage) from past 1.5 years and my husband doesn't co-operate for having a child, nor he is interested to have physical relationship with me. The reason he gives is that he isn't attracted to me and says that I am not good looking.
Recently my parents came to speak about this issue and he shouted and insulted them saying that I am not good looking, have beaten him and abused him with bad words which are false. I beat him just for fun 1 year back and he says its seriously I have beaten him. Also just when he started saying that he wants to remarry and wants divorce, I have started abusing him.
I think there is some medical problem with him that he can't have phy releationship with me and he refuses to walkin to hospital with me.
Now a days he started threatening me to give divorce with mutual consent.
He in any case isn't ready to compromise as I even told him that I don't need phy relation and will not ask you baby, just stay with me honestly instead of going for another women.
Also his mother says that if still his son doesn't feel like having phy relationship with me, they will go for his second marriage so that he will not divorce me and we stay all together along with his second wife.
I am not willing to go for divorce as I love him a lot and can't see him marrying another women. My father plans to go to police station/court in order to resolve this issue without divorce. But I think the emotional bond will not exist if we do that.Even if we do so, Are there any chance with which he will go to police giving false complaint? Will his case stand.? Even he threatened us back that he will put us behind the bars if we don’t give divorce.
Please can you tell me how can I solve this issue and stay with him without hurting his ego and without he harming me? I am working and he says that he need not pay any compensation for divorce. Is it true?
His mother constantly threatens us that I cannot conceive as I have irregular menstrual period. But I have got medical examination done and I don't have any problem for conceiving.Please can you suggest me what we can/cannot do legally?
Also his mother feels that I don't do household chores and don't take care of him., since I am working I don’t have much time to do all this. But can this be a reason for divorce? His father is no more and stays with his mother, when we try to solve this problem with his other family members(sister, brother in laws) he doesn’t want them to interfere and doesn’t care about their words.
Some or the other way they are trying to get divorce and I don’t know how to convince him.. Looks like he just wants another women ! Please help me.
Jitendar Kumar gupta (Expert) 07 April 2011
by your facts mentioned it seems that you can try some marriage counselor for that you have to apply to the legal Aid cell of your area and there some solution can be sorted out

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query