Transfer of membership from patna bar council to delhi bar c

This query is : Resolved 

19 September 2020

Hello Team,
I want to transfer my bar council membership from patna bar council to delhi bar council. Please advise me a solution how can it be possible by virtual forum.

K RajasekharanOnline (Expert)
19 September 2020

An advocate enrolled in a State Bar Council should make an application to the Bar Council of India for the transfer of his/her name from the roll of that State Bar Council to the roll of any other State Bar Council. The application must be in the prescribed form.

Then the Bar Council of India will direct that the name of the advocate be removed from the roll of the first mentioned State Bar Council and entered in the roll of the other State Bar Council.

The State Bar Council concerned is bound to comply with such direction. No fee is involved.

Dr J C VashistaOnline (Expert)
20 September 2020

Did you apply to Delhi Bar Council for transfer of your membership from Patna ?

Rajendra K Goyal Online (Expert)
20 September 2020

Apply to Delhi Bar after getting due permission from Patna Bar.

K RajasekharanOnline (Expert)
20 September 2020

The transfer of name of an advocate from one state roll to another state is dealt with by the Section 18 of the Advocates Act, 1961.

The transfer is a prerogative of the Bar Council of India as per the act.

Of course, it is the duty of the State Bar Council to maintain the roll of Advocates.

N.J.S.Rajkumar alias narasimhaOnline (Expert)
21 September 2020

Advocates Enrolled in a Particular State Bar Council could practice in any Courts in India. If at all you are shifting your residence you could go for transferring your enrollment/ membership in Bar Council other wise it would doesn't matter and even if you are shifting the residence it is not mandatory to transfer the Bar Council. Remember Bar Council Enrollment has to be renewed every 5 years and the Insurance at Bar Council has to be remitted promptly.

P. Venu Online (Expert)
03 October 2020

To my knowledge, there is no stipulation that Bar Council has to be enrolled every five years.

N.J.S.Rajkumar alias narasimhaOnline (Expert)
03 October 2020

Mr.P.Venu should read what had been stated before exhibiting his experience as Retired Govt Officer. Any Bar Council Membership Card would state it is Valid for Five Years and it has to be Renewed after 5 years. Mr.P.Venu should refer the Dictionary for the meanings of Renewal. Obviously his statement confirms to clarify whether the Retired Govt Officer is presently an Advocate Enrolled with Bar Council of his State. With out Enrollment in Bar Council and presently with out passing the Bar Council Exam No one would be allowed to practice. So P.Venu is not an Practicing Advocate But in the habit posting wrong advises here to misguide the Querist like what he had done in this Thread and he is here only to spend his idle time only to misguide others.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now



IPC Grand Course     |    x