Civil Procedure Code (CPC)

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Transfer of gun

Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 14 June 2021 This query is : Resolved 
My father owns a .32 bite npb. His arms license is made in fatehabad. I reside in Pune. I dont have a arm's license. He wants to legally transfer this to me. Can you share if that's possible and if so, how?
kavksatyanarayana (Expert) 14 June 2021
No. It requires a License and also permission from the authority concerned.
T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Expert) 15 June 2021
Transfer of Arms License can be done on two conditions - a) When the original licencee is alive- 1. During his life-time, the licencee may transfer the arms licence to legal heirs by making an application in plain paper. 2. The person to whom licence is to be transferred shall apply on Form A. b) When the original licencee has expired- 1. Application shall be made in Form A. 2. No objection from the legal heirs, in the form of an affidavit sworn before a magistrate.

In case of death of licensee:-
In case of death of the licensee, the relatives of the deceased (licensee) should
come to Licensing Unit and submit the death certificate along with the original Arm
Weapon deposit permission shall be issued to them by the Licensing Unit for
depositing the weapon belonging to the deceased with any authorized arm dealer or with
the nearest police station.
Before cancellation, weapon will require to be disposed off. There are 4 options
available to legal heirs for the disposal of weapon.
Option-1 Transfer of weapon to any legal hair having no license: In such case the
legal hair will have to apply for new license on inheritance basis.
Option-2 Transfer of weapon to any legal heir having the license but not having
permission for additional weapon.
Option-3 Sale of weapon to any authorized arms dealer or person.
Option-4 Gift of weapon to a museum or any agency after making it unusable.
Dr J C Vashista (Expert) 15 June 2021
The arm can be transferred to a person holding valid licence.
Sankaranarayanan (Expert) 15 June 2021
Nothing more to be added learned expert Mr. Kalaiselvan used his maximum time by lengthy reply to you. it will useful to you to proceed further .

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query