Upgrad LLM

Transfer in contemplation of death

This query is : Resolved 

22 April 2012

Mrs.A ,has two flats (one self acquired & one inherited from her mother in law).she has 3 sons &1 daughter.she wants to transfer(before her death) both the flats to the youngest son to which other sons & daughter have no objection.
1)whether it will be gift deed or any other deed?
2)can society refuse to transfer,despite proper stamp duty payments etc?
3)suppose other sons & daughter object, can they object?
c.a.paresh zatakia

Devajyoti BarmanOnline (Expert)
22 April 2012

1. Will or Gift deed
2. No
3. Not really , its to avoid any complications it is better to go for gift deed.

Raj Kumar MakkadOnline (Expert)
22 April 2012

1. Gift is better.

2. No.

3. In case of gift, chances remain very very bleak.

Shonee KapoorOnline (Expert)
22 April 2012

Nothing to add after the considered opinion.


Shonee Kapoor

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :



CrPC MASTERCLASS!     |    x