LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More


(Querist) 05 June 2019 This query is : Resolved 
My father, mother & sister living in rented house since 1960. Now real owner died & his nephew has become owner. Then he sold property to third person. Third person came & demolished the property based on municipal order. Other three tenants has vacated the house. But my family do not have any option to vacate. What should be done? can family ask for alternated arrangement? can family ask for compensation? small court already proved family as tenants based on old rent receipt.
Vijay Raj Mahajan (Expert) 06 June 2019
If a new building comes up at the same place and is leased out as the previous, the old tenant will have first right to get the same size premises on lease in the new building if the tenant has no other place to live or has not taken another place on rent.
Other than that no other compensation can be sought by the tenant from the landlord.
No one challenging the tenancy right of the tenant.
Dr J C Vashista (Expert) 06 June 2019
How does the nephew stepped into the shoes of owner and sold the property?
What was the rate of rent and do you (your family) have written rent agreement/ receipts?
When you have been dispossessed did you move to Court u/s 6 of the Specific Relief Act ?
Consult and engage a local prudent lawyer for better appreciation of facts, guidance and proceeding.
However, if you are located in Delhi and feel so, may contact me with relevant documents (on appointment) at: Chamber No 647, Lawyer's Chamber Block, Dwarka Courts Complex, Sector 10, Dwarka, New Delhi Cell # 9891152939

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query