Negotiable Instruments: Exhaustive Coverage by Adv Roma Bhagat. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Tenant stolen my furniture

(Querist) 14 July 2022 This query is : Resolved 
Dear Sir,

I had given out my flat on L&L, Agreement was valid till March 2024 with 2 years of lock in. My tenant suddenly ran away without giving any notice. He took all the lights and my furniture along without my consent.

Please advise the next steps.


Vikram Chandra (Expert) 14 July 2022
Go to the nearest police station and lodge a complaint at the earliest disclosing all the facts.
Advocate Bhartesh goyal (Expert) 14 July 2022
Yes, lodge FIR against tenant with proof that you had given your flat on lease and licence to tenant with furniture.

kavksatyanarayana (Expert) 14 July 2022
Yes. Lodge FIR with proofs.
Dr J C Vashista (Expert) 15 July 2022
Whether you have rented out the premises "fully furnished" with inventory of items kept ?
Show the L & L to a local prudent lawyer for better appreciation of facts, profession advise and necessary proceeding.
krishna mohan (Expert) 15 July 2022
You have a valid proof for renting out and agreement listing out assets for safe usage and handing over you can lodge a police complaint by giving his full details and cell no. so that police can take action as per law

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now