Tenant and landlord

Hi,
I have a flat in lucknow which I have given on rent 15 months back, and I have agreement signed by the tenant for 11 months, at the end of 11 months I said him to vacate the flat, butits 4 months now after that he is still not vacating the flat, he is asking money to vacate,
what should I do.

jamey (Querist)

Kindly help me to solve this issue.

Thanks and regards,
Jamey Siddiqui

(1) Send a Legal Notice to your Tenant to vacate the house by mentioning the reasons (i.e., required for self-occupation, or quoting tenant's activities or non-payment of rent, etc.,) through an Advocate.

(2) Even after receipt of the Legal Notice, if the Tenant fails to vacate the Flat, a suit for 'eviction' is to be filed before the court having jurisdiction.

M/s. Y-not legal services (Expert)
05 December 2010

Yes. I agree with above expert. First you send a legal notice to your tenant for evict your tenant. If he not vacate mean then you can file a suit for eviction.. All the best

tom has rightly advised.

V R SHROFF (Expert)

Tom advised perfect.

×