25% OFF on all LCI Courses. Offer valid till 5th Oct. Use Code: DUS25
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Tds revised return

(Querist) 29 May 2014 This query is : Resolved 
how to revise TDS return when reason behind revision is short deduction .
and can we revise return when have quoted wrong PAN

please do revert
Sankaranarayanan (Expert) 30 May 2014
With the help of service. Provider you can
Rajendra K Goyal (Expert) 30 May 2014
You can revise, take help of IT office.
karuna shah (Querist) 30 May 2014
but sir i heard that if quoted wrong PAN than TDS penalty is Rs.10000/- is it true...????
karuna shah (Querist) 30 May 2014
and reason behind short deduction is i have not considered 80C deduction of client .... how to revise TDS return in this situation.?

and thank you for reply
Rajendra K Goyal (Expert) 30 May 2014
HIGH COURT OF PUNJAB AND HARYANA AT CHANDIGARH,ITA No. 124 of 2012,Date of decision: 07.08.2012, Commissioner of Income Tax (TDS), Chandigarh Vs. Superintendent of Police it was held:
There is no dispute that the assessee quoted invalid PAN for 196 deductees which was corrected on being pointed out by ITO(TDS). In the instant case, failure to quote right PAN has occurred as the concerned depositor had misquoted PAN. There is also no dispute that the PAN was corrected after ascertaining the same from the respective deductees.
It was further held that cumulative analysis of Section 139A and Rules 114B to 114D shows that an obligation to quote PAN/GIR number or to file Form No.60 is that of customer and not that of the bank. Considering the entire facts and circumstances of the present case, and also keeping in view the decision of ITAT, Ahmedabad ā€œDā€ Bench in the case of Financial Cooperative Bank Limited v. ITO, Ward 2(3), Surat (supra), we hold that there was reasonable cause of the default,if any committed by the assessee and hence no penalty under section 273B of the Act is leviable.

(Source: https://www.facebook.com/ICAI.STUDENTS/posts/401913359882893)
malipeddi jaggarao (Expert) 30 May 2014
Are you representing employer who deducted TDS from the employee? In such case if you have not considered 80=c deductions, the TDS should be more. How it is short deduction?
If you have doubts, you can as well interact with IT Office for correction, who will guide you properly. Alternatively your tax consultant can advise you how to rectify the errors.
karuna shah (Querist) 31 May 2014
and one more thing sir,
I heard that we can not revised if quoted wrong PAN more than 4 digit, is it true..????

and thanks for your reply.
T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Expert) 01 June 2014
You have been answered properly for all your questions, but you are again coming out with a fresh query. You may clarify the subsequent doubt from your tax consultant or with the IT Office.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Expert of the Month

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query