LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
The Indian Constitution Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Switching off road light by house owner for self interest.

(Querist) 19 November 2017 This query is : Resolved 
Sir /mam
We have a road light at turn of our street. Near by house owner daily switch off the road light for self interest . This leads 3 puppies killed by car accident as there is so dark without light . Is there is any law regarding this under which I can file complaint. Because of her whole street get dark I told her many times but she don't understand by words.
Ms.Usha Kapoor (Expert) 20 November 2017
Your colony people headed by you file a tort claim for permanent injunction against the defendant neighbor who switches off the street lights with the result that the whole street plunges into darkness which in its turn may lead to road accidents.You can pray for perpetual injunction and damages against the perpetrator neighbor who switches off street lights and the court may award you temporary or permanent injunction in one go preventing the man from switching off street lights and also a good amount of damages or penal damages.
Ms.Usha Kapoor (Expert) 20 November 2017
If you appreciate my answers please give me likes.
Guest (Expert) 20 November 2017
Send a legal notice to the culprit.
Guest (Expert) 20 November 2017
If you dislike my answer, you can give me dislike.
Dr J C Vashista (Expert) 20 November 2017
Lodge a complaint with local municipality.
Dr J C Vashista (Expert) 20 November 2017
Do not dare to send any like or dislike as you are already "dis-grateful".
Guest (Expert) 21 November 2017
When desirous of filing any complaint desirability of law is irrelevant. Majority of complaints are found just to harm some opponent. So, why worry about law. When you give him legal notice, as already suggested by one expert, he is sure to respond appropriately to make you aware of whether your complaint would be justified or not.

Guest (Expert) 21 November 2017
One more suggestion for you, since you prefer light and he prefers darkness, would not it be possible for both of you to settle dispute by exchange flats with each other, as the electricity department or company would not shift its pole before your house for the ske of economy or without pursuit by the concerned municipality/ local body or the PWD?
Ms.Usha Kapoor (Expert) 23 June 2018
I stick to my above view.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query